My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I Am A Seeker

It was Socrates who is credited with having said "the unexamined life is not worth living". Although I cannot entirely agree because I feel that all of our lives are indeed worth living, I must admit that I personally, could not live my life content as a mere observer or passenger.

For me, examining my life gives me at least the illusion that I can understand enough to make choices that will ultimately influence the direction of my life in a way that will allow me to feel fulfilled.

I have discovered that I am (and have ever been) a seeker. But what is really important is that I have finally made peace with being a seeker. I have made peace with it because for me there is nothing (in particular) to find and nowhere to get to. Instead there is everything to find and everywhere to go.

When asked "Why do you want to climb Mt. Everest?" George Mallory was quoted as saying "Because it is there." When I ask myself "Why live my life?", the answer that comes is pretty well the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home