My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Just On Loan

Everything I have is borrowed. All I have is just on loan. I have no desire to possess, to indenture, or to own.

I share with you the sky, the sun, the ocean and the earth. I offer only what is truly mine, my presence, my love, my time, for all they’re worth.

My soul, it has been spoken for, ‘twas never mine to give. One day it will return to whence it came, forever there to live.

As I take your hand, I acknowledge we are One. Thereby, we create our world, but we will have just begun.

You can cage the Songbird, but not the song. You can hold a moonbeam in your hand, but not for long.

I have no desire to own your soul; what would I do with two? Give me your love and share your heart, that’s all there is to do.

One day I will turn in this body, well used and well worn, and meet you on the other side again, re-born.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tame said...

Thank you Michael, lovely and poetic, I shall share this with others.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home