My Photo
Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Monday, September 07, 2009

Calling Your Bluff

You ask, “How could you love me? You don’t even know me.”

Then you must think it is necessary to be or do something special in order to be loved.

If I loved you only because of to some special quality that only you possess, what would happen if you lost that quality? Don’t you know that the “You” that I love does not depend on what you do or who you believe you are?

Who is that “You” that you hide behind all the superficialities hoping  will make you lovable?

You pretend  that I don’t know that hidden part of you?

Maybe you secretly believe that you are all the things that no one could ever love. You secretly tell yourself that when someone says they love you, that your pretences are working and that they just love all the things you so cleverly pretend to be.

Why do you work so hard just to be a genuine fake? You cannot imagine anyone could love a genuine fake like you, unless they were one too. For you, all those who profess their love must be cunning and deceitful. But it takes one to know one, doesn’t it? In the game of Blind Man’s Bluff that you play, everyone must first be wearing a blindfold or you won’t play.

You think you can fool me but the “You” that I love is not any of the things you believe you are or even pretend to be. The “You” that I love is, and has always been perfect in every moment. You are left withholding the real “You” and pretending that’s ok.   Meanwhile your soul cries out for authenticity, secretly hoping that someone smashes through your pretence to save you from yourself.
So when I say I love you, it is more about me than it is about you. It says I know there is nothing either of us  need to pretend to be. It says I am calling your bluff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home